The Prime Minister hosted a press conference to set out plans for the final step of the Roadmap in England.
Step 4 is to begin on Monday the 19th of July now the Government’s “four tests” for easing COVID restrictions have been met.
At Step 4, the Government will remove outstanding legal restrictions on social contact, life events, and open the remaining closed settings. The Government will instead enable people and businesses to make informed decisions about how to manage the risk to themselves and others.
This means that at Step 4:
- All remaining limits on social contact will be removed and there will be no more restrictions on how many people can meet in any setting, indoors or outdoors.
- All settings will be able to open, including nightclubs.
- Large events, such as music concerts and sporting events can resume without any limits on attendance or social distancing requirements.
- The legal requirements to wear a face-covering will be lifted in all settings.
- Social distancing rules will be lifted.
- Businesses will be encouraged to display QR codes for customers to check-in using the NHS COVID-19 app, although it will no longer be a legal requirement.
- It is no longer necessary for the Government to instruct people to work from home and employers can start to plan a return to workplaces.
Download Roadmap Review Here.